Thursday, March 21, 2013

Karma or something else?

Someone asked me the other day if I was on any kind of holistic diet.  I replied that I was on a high-calorie diet.  My priority is getting enough calories into my system to sustain a 170-pound  man.  You might call it a wholistic diet.  It occurred to me that on  some days I eat vegan and on other days I eat some vegans.  Many days I eat foods and drinks with antioxidants and on other days I’ll eat a bunch of grapefruit.  I try to avoid the empty calories.  A restaurant meal usually lasts for about 3 mini-meals and I’ll often order with take-out in mind. Which of the items on this plate reheat well?  Sometimes I reserve space for a glass of beer at the end of the day. Weird eating habits are becoming the norm. I am all over the spectrum.  Maybe this is the next craze in cancer diets?

Dr. Scott, possible genius
Whatever the combination, it’s working. In the past several weeks, I’ve been telling people that I am quite confident that my CT scans would be clean.  My engine couldn’t perform this well if some of my cylinders were gummed up with tumors.  It feels a bit risky to flirt with fate in this way without knocking on wood but I calls ‘em as I sees ‘em. Turns out I’m right.  After cooling my heels for an hour in a waiting room stuffed full of very sick-looking people, Dr. Scott entered the examining room today with a set of reports that showed a normal, functioning human body. His exact words were, “I hope you feel as good today as your reports show!”  The bottom line: he’s giving me another three months of robust life before I need to see him again.  Next time it will be a mere chest x-ray. 

 So, is Dr. Scott a genius at curing cancer? Is my body a“healing monster”?  Is it my wholistic diet?  Maybe it's the vitamins or the Simpson's oil. I bumped into a friend the other day that I have not seen in over a year (although we brush shoulders in the Facebook world). She mentioned that she and her husband regularly think about me and send me good vibes.  It occurred to me that maybe that is what is making the difference.  Others remind me that they pray for me.  I reason that that any and all may take credit.  Either something isworking or it is ALL working. It’s nearly one year from my first operation and I am very grateful that somehow I’ve managed to turn a pretty dire prediction into a year of straightened out priorities and some serially great days.

I’m one of the few people I know who is not grumpy about cold weather and snow in March.  It feels like winter only just started. Time is moving way too fast. Spring will get here in spite of the date and this year, unlike last year, I expect the cherry tree in my yard will bear fruit.

4 comments:

Bob Toft said...

Chuck, I completely believe in the energy we emit and beam to one another. If it is positive, it is good. If it is negative, we suffer as does the person who receives our negative energy. I am convinced that our body knows how to heal itself, given the chance. You are generating lots of positive energy and your body is responding, as are the folks who love you. Keep it up.

Karen Kleinheksel said...

Good news, indeed, Chuck! Still thinking positively in your direction, still praying!

Barb Hansen said...

Keep the healing going. Have you ever seen the video www.dailyom.com/library/000/002/000002549.html The Miracle of Water. The energies we emit and the energies we send are profound and they do make a difference. I have always felt you were a positive sender! So of course you receive it as well. Peace.

Marie Marfia said...

Great news!