Friday, April 18, 2014

Bringing back the fanny pack

 I wanted a stronger chemo.  After I could start to feel the fingers of cancer under my ribs, I just wanted those cells to die.  On Tuesday after infusing the first chemical, the second was inserted into a battery operated pump and hooked into my port for slow infusion-- 46 hours.  I had to carry it around in a fashionable fanny pack and report back on Thursday to have it removed.  This happened like clockwork.  I heard the "all-finished" alarm going off while sitting in the chemo lounge waiting for my nurse.  I did not recognize the sound and wondered where it was coming from until the nurses zeroed in on me.  Taking it off only took moments and then I was back on the street.  It was not that bad... until Thursday night.  The nausea struck hard and is continuing as I write this on Good Friday afternoon.  I think it is a good thing that I feel this sick because it tells me the chemo is working.  I'm glad to have the day off from work because all I want to do is lie down.  No chemo next week because this is an every other week regimen.  Hope to get some relief!

6 comments:

Carolyn Stonehouse said...

It's a good look for you...

Crowwatcher said...

bring sexy pack back!

Mary said...

Oops this is from Mary

Andrea said...

I hope this new combo kicks cancer's butt!

Margaret Willey said...

You are in my thoughts today, Chuck. Rest, rest, rest.

Lee Ferraro said...

sporty!