Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Apparent progress

Preferring to goldfish pond or CT scans?  Well, both really. 

The pond seems to be supporting at least some fish for a reasonable amount of time.  I added ten more a while back and I have only pulled out two dead ones.  There are about 5, distinctive fish that I can tell are getting larger and they regularly play in the bubbler, darting in and out of the bubbles seeming to be having fun.  Algae is now growing and I decided to let it grow because I think plant life is healthy for the environment.  It is harder to see the fish anywhere but in the froth of the bubbler.

I had a CT scan last week Monday.  It was supposed to be the Friday before but I forgot to take one of my pre-meds for allergy to dye contrast and I made the mistake of telling them that.  They rescheduled the procedure but not before I had drunken a bottle of barium and taken a heavy dose of Benedryl that made me foggy for the rest of the day.  But Monday scans went easy and yesterday I got the result: Stable.  No change in size, most importantly, no growth.  The blood tests that accompanied the scan showed the "tumor marker" figures still dropping.  That is very good news.  The liver tumors are producing less and less of the growth pattern that activates the marker.  This is not a surprise to me because I feel a healing in my gut.

I'm back on chemo this week but I'll have an extra week off because I will be heading to Seattle August 2-10.  One more dose at least as soon as I get back.

No comments: