Thursday, August 30, 2007

An Excellent Cinema Experience

Here's proof that a movie doesn't have to be high budget or high production values to tell a simple but good story. I'm speaking of Once which Mary and I went to see last night. It is not quite a musical as much as it is a movie with a plot advanced by music. It actually has the look of a documentary with scenes shot in public places and non-star actors pretty much playing characters not unlike themselves. The music is good and the characters generate genuine warmth within a very sweet story arc. When the movie got out there was a warm breeze at 11:00 pm which supplemented the high spirits that were generated within the theater. Can't get this film out of my head.

Today's project was creating a draft of a 15 second promo for the Grand Rapids Community Foundation who is underwriting a local presentation of Ken Burns new documentary, The War. I had some guidelines and needed to create something to start a conversation of where to go with the client. Here is my first draft of a 15-second solution.

Tomorrow I will take Marlee up to Pentwater and Abby up to Glen Arbor. Ill be back on Saturday.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Chuck

are there any women faces? I wonder if the logo should be bigger - maybe have the screen to itself... just a thought.