Sunday, August 12, 2007

Thunderstorms at Last

But where is the relief? Right now it is so muggy. I feel the need to go rinse off in the shower after the exertion it takes to stoop down and pick up a pair of socks from the laundry basket.

I had the luxury of a day to myself today. I woke up early (6:00am-ish) to sit on the porch and feel the thunder booming in my chest. It never came too close but it was nice all the same. After an IM chat with Alice, I peeked out the back door to see if I had closed the window of my car last night. The answer was no. It was wide open. My car seat was soaked.

Last night (Saturday) after working on Come On Over all day, I rode home with Rocky Slaski who does audio for the show. He's a reserved but interesting guy. He was a guitar player in my favorite college band, the Infections. We decided to stop for a couple of IPAs at Founders. We talked about the Infections era of the early 80's which I found fascinating. We knew many of the same people but we did not know each other back then.

Two beers and a half a bowl of peanuts later it was time to go home. It was all the calories I needed apparently because I was not hungry and fairly buzzed. I was greeted by a big box on the porch containing the parts I ordered to fix the meat/cheese drawer of the refrigerator. I decided I could not wait another minute and I cleared out the left half of the fridge and installed all the parts. To quote Abby, it's SWEET!

That did it for me. I brushed my teeth and crashed. That took me to the second paragraph (above).

Tonight I picked up Abby at 6:00 and we had spaghetti and Mary and Marlee came home at 8:00. Time for a rinse off in the shower and then early to bed again. I have 3 more days of Come On Over. I'll pick up Rocky at 7:45am.

No comments: