Thursday, November 15, 2012

Post-tube better than normal

Hi friends!  I'm back again after a short writing hiatus.  Today was my one-month-after-chemo-cessation checkup.  I had a chest x-ray and blood screening last week and this afternoon I met with Dr. Scott to go over the results.  They were stellar!  My weight is stable (actually up a few pounds), the x-ray showed nothing new, and the blood results were all registering normal specification.  I now have 7 weeks doctor-free before the next CT scan.  That'll be in 2013.

I must say that life after feeding tube is much, much better.  My quality of life meter is up a couple of notches, at least.  I now have night life and I no longer have the parasitic tube and noisy pump apparatus humming in my ear 12 hours a day.  And I certainly don't miss the nightly ritual of filling the food and water pouches.  My taste is coming back and my appetite is full-on.  I still have to eat small meals and I usually get a gut ache after each dining session, but it is a small price to pay.

I find myself working again.  Clients keep calling and I keep saying "yes". I'm trying to do mostly "freebies" since I'm taking the government disability subsidy but I'm also trying to make up for 6 months of no work and no subsidy.  Last weekend, I created a cinema backdrop and did video projection for a friend who had a band CD release party at a new downtown local venue.  It was a smashing success!  The video added a lot and it was a fun collaboration with new friends and old.

Projected images compiled from vintage film clips and roughly timed with songs
So with a relatively clean bill of health, lots of work and a good appetite, life is looking up!  And the icing on the cake is that there is a new baby in the family; Mary's sister Margaret's daughter Chloe just gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Beatrice.  And Alice will be visiting for Christmas.  Looking forward to a joyous holiday season!


4 comments:

Bob Toft said...

Great news Chuck. Keep it up.

Have a great Thanksgiving, just keep the bites small.


henry2u said...

I just caught up on your blog tonight, Chuck....and the news is really good! I'm very happy to hear that you're doing so well! I miss seeing you!

Barb H said...

So glad for the good report. May the family have a most blessed Thanksgiving. Much, much to be thankful for. Health is such a precious commodity.

Bruce and Becca Ling said...

Excellent news!