Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Unplugged (update)

Good news!  No infection apparent.  Better news!!  They are not going to re-insert the food tube.  I can't express how good it feels to be tube free.  I can now go out at night.  I don't have to listen to the pump whiring and squealing and beeping at me any more.  The nightly ritual of preparing the formula and creating excessive latex medical waste is over. At least for now.

Last evening, Mary and I went down to the basement to watch some television.  Pretty much a nightly ritual.  Coming up the stairs at bedtime, it was shocking to experience the lack of parasitic baggage to which I had become accustomed. I felt so good!  Tears actually came to my eyes.

Now, to go about the job of eating enough to maintain my weight.  I have permission to lose 5 pounds.  Lose more than that and the tube goes back in.

7 comments:

Matt DeVries said...

Great news, Chuck!

Ann Willey said...

Fantastic news - it seems like a real milestone.

Karen Kleinheksel said...

Let's go out to breakfast again & find good hi-caloric stuff!

Barb Hansen said...

How good. Eat up man!

Laurie Cirivello said...

Yay!

Lee Ferraro said...

I'm glad I read the Wednesday post before I read the Tuesday post.

Betty said...

Woke up to read your blog, Chuck, and saw the good news. Congrats! I will send a jar of homemade apple butter with your mom. It's healthy and has calories, I'm sure.