Monday, May 7, 2012

Oh swallowing, how I have missed you!

I just returned from my outpatient esophageal dilation procedure.  Essentially they just stretch the constricted parts of my esophagus.  Wait.... I don't have any esophagus to speak of.  Still trying to get my mind around what to call what I've got.  But that is beside the point.  It works!  A swallow now feels like a swallow as opposed to feeling like one of those spiral wishing well displays they have at museums.

It took 'em 2 tries to get the IV in this time.  This does not bode well for the fact that I'll need two more IVs later this week.  But who cares.  My throat is a little sore but my diet is now officially UNRESTRICTED.  I can eat what I want as long as it is in very small portions.  Happy Day!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Chuck,
So glad your swallowing apparatus is tuned up just in time for the Senegalese Chicken Soup coming your way via Bob (who made it). We'll be checking in to see how it went down. Enjoy and savor it, but be wary of the chicken chunks.

Teresa L. Thome said...

YAY!

Beth Lively said...

Progress is a beautiful thing.

henry2u said...

Happy swallowing, Chuck!

Mannie Gentile said...

Don't waste your swallowing on cheap food.