Saturday, July 28, 2007

All Those Achy Pains

I'm not sure why I hurt so much. Been feeling the need to take ibuprofen on a daily basis. When you hurt, everything else seems to follow that lead.

I started my day by causing $500 damage to Mary's car. Those moments you wish you could do over! The keg from the party needed to go back to Founders Brewery. I was in a hurry to meet my carpool to "Come On Over". I asked if Mary would take the keg back after they opened at 11:00. She agreed but asked me to put the keg in the car for her. No problem! I popped the hatchback, placed the keg in the back and shut the hatch. Ping!! There was a asterisk-shaped crack in the window right where the edge of the keg met the inside of the window. Damn! Well, at list it was in there. I quickly ran in to tell Mary the bad news. It was just a little crack... something she could probably live with.

She was not happy of course but I had to fly and I jumped in my car and flew off to work.

Mary pulled on her shoes and went out to look at the damage. She heard a cracking noise like ice breaking on a pond... crik...crik...crack...split and watched as the lines spread. If I had opened the hatch and re-positioned the keg, we'd probably be all right. With the window pulled tight across the metal edge, the window was shattered in slow-motion.

Window guys say it is $499 to replace the back hatch window of a Honda Civic.

More on this later! Got to sooth my pain.

No comments: