Friday, April 6, 2012

The devil inside

Now I have some visualization to focus my healing energies. I had an ultrasound endoscopy this afternoon to look at the esophagus and get an idea about the size and depth of the tumor. I slept through the procedure but Dr. Morrow was nice enough to show me a postcard (right). Looking at the pictures on the left, the hole is the entrance to my stomach, the dark red is acid reflux burns and the globby thing is the tumor.

He also used ultrasound to penetrate depth but there are no pictures of that. His opinion was that the tumor was "T2 N1" which I think means it is contained in the wall of the esophagus and has not yet busted through the other side.  Shorthand explanation here. So there is still hope that it is stage 2 and not stage 3.

As a visual person, this is very valuable to me. I like being able to have something tangible in which to focus my internal death rays. If any readers out there also have death rays that work over great distances, you now know what the devil looks like. Send 'em my way.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i'll be sending my death rays to that glob. looking forward to seeing you and family tomorrow! much love-emma

Karen Fraley said...

Death rays are all about visualization - don't think that distance has anything to do with it. Sending them!

Janet said...

The blob doesn't stand a chance :-)

Teresa L. Thome said...

Target Visualized. Firing has commenced. I should note, that I'm very good with my aim. I always popped all the balloons at the carnival coming home the largest stuffed animals.... so I'm on this! Hugs.