Friday, April 20, 2012

Home, take 2

Doctors just released me again.  I'll be heading home this afternoon.  I've got to get the coughing under control so I have new meds and I'll be lying low.  Doctor's orders say "no talking" until the cough is gone so I'm turning off my cell phone.

They ascribe the cough to messing with the throat anatomy and the giant nerve that runs next to the vocal cords.  The breathing tube from the operation is known to wreak havoc on this same nerve.

Until further notice, home visitors should only be poets, mimes, troubadours, minstrels, artists, readers and other performers who have a short act and clearance from Mary to stop over.  Or they just want to hang out with Mary and Marlee.   Shouldn't be long and I'll be dragging out the karaoke machine!

1 comment:

Gordon said...

I wish we could be there to help out, Chuck. But, real help would be 'magical healing hands,' which neither Val nor I possess. Too bad we can't be there--I've got a great mime routine: trapped in a box that's trapped in another box. It's mind-blowing. Take care. Continue those healing thoughts!