Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A New kind of tube

First off, that was the WORST. MILKSHAKE. EVER! But my next tube was a straw. And that was the best cran-grape juice I ever tasted.  I'll maybe save the description for later..  But that nose tube finally out of my body made me feel so good I spontaneously wept (right after spontaneous gargling and spitting the horrible taste out of my month. )  I'll just let a picture say the 1000 words this time.


That's Jenn.  Yesterday was her first day back at work as an RN after being on leave for having twins.  She's going to be a great mom.  She took such good care of me today, getting me everything I needed, including pulling out the nose tube.

My new esophagus-stomach hybrid may have no leaks, but it is a very thin tube due to stretching and swelling.  Pencil thin right now. It's all about tiny sips.  Like tiny steps.

4 comments:

Beth Lively said...

Awesome. (You'd never know this guy doesn't have an esophagus.)

Matt DeVries said...

Great News, Chuck.

Karen said...

YAY!!!!

Mannie Gentile said...

I take it "supersize me" was not an issue.

Good work buddy.